The culmination of the ACC Pathway, 400 Essential is designed to ensure that you have learned the fundamental building blocks for coaching, and also have opportunities to practice them under the supervision of an experienced coach trainer. You will explore the inner makeup of a masterful coach from self-awareness to your inner monologue to polishing your listening and questioning skills. You’ll also work on your coaching presence, assessing a coaching relationship, evaluation of effectiveness, coach development, and boundaries.
Offered Wednesdays from 12-2pm Eastern OR 4-6pm Thursdays. Be sure to check the timeslot for the cohort you choose.
ICF Core Competencies in this Course:
- All 11 ICF Competencies.
- 8 two hour sessions.
- 20 coach-specific training hours.
- Training Language: English
- Delivered online in Zoom Meeting room.
Instructor: Kevin Weaver, PCC | This course is designed for the improving/integrating coach.
The 20 hours of coach specific training in 400 Essential is divided into key sections, delivered online in group cohorts under a trained instructor.
- Sessions 1-3 are live interactive online learning.
- Session 4 is a live practice triad exercise where you’ll coach and be coached. You’ll also receive feedback from the instructor and your peers.
- Sessions 5-7 are live interactive online learning.
- Session 8 is another live practice triad exercise where you’ll coach and be coached. When it’s done you’ll receive feedback.
All eight of these sessions are delivered online, using Zoom Meeting. Please check the appropriate lesson in the course timeline for login information. Session notes are also available in each lesson. Don’t forget you will also have some follow up writing work and one recorded triad that serves as your final exam.
Prerequisites: To take this Anchor Course, you should meet the following pre-requisites:
- Complete 40 or more hours of coach training.
- 40 or more hours of coaching experience.
- This course is for the improving/integrating coach who wants to develop a masterful coaching presence.
2020 Training Dates for 400 Essential:
- Cohort 22: Winter 2020–Thursdays, Jan 23, 30, Feb 6, 13, 20, 27, Mar 5, 12 from 4-6pm.
- Cohort 23: Spring 2020–Wednesdays, Apr 8, 15, 22, 29, May 6, 13, 20, 27 from Noon-2pm.
- Cohort 24: Fall 2020–Thursdays, Sept 24, Oct 1, 8, 15, 22, 29, Nov 5, 12 from 4-6pm.
All Times Eastern.
Hover over the button to choose your cohort and sign up!
Course Outline for 400 Essential
- 400 Essential
- Pre-Work: 400 Essential
- Live Sessions: 400 Essential
- 400 Essential-Session #1
- 400 Essential – Session #2
- 400 Essential – Session #3
- 400 Essential – Session #4: Live Triad
- 400 Essential – Session #5
- 400 Essential – Session #6
- 400 Essential – Session #7
- 400 Essential – Session #8: Live Triad #2
- Follow-Up Assignments: 400 Essential Module
- Final Writing Assignment: 400 Essential
- Final Triad Assignment: 400 Essential