Dual Track Options
Ok, you're convinced, coaching is the road for you. You're just waiting to get started. You can see a vision of what you'd like to do with your coaching, AND you understand what the various training options are all about.
One last choice to make: Coaching for discipleship or leadership development. But what about the requirement that any coach trained in one of these specialized tracks has to have a Standard Coach Certification BEFORE they starting down the specialized track? That means waiting 10 MONTHS before getting into the guts of the Leadership Multiplication Pathway.
Bottom line: You don't want to wait! What's a new coach going to do?
At CoachNet, we don't believe in waiting to get started if you're feeling called to move. So, the Training Team at CoachNet has laid out a track that gets you started on your Standard Training, then builds in Specialized Content so that in only one more longer than you'd need to complete a Standard Coach Certification, you can also complete a Specialized Track in either Coaching for Discipleship or Effective Leadership!
The dual track training merges the two content families over the 11 month timeline similar to the timeline used in Standard Coach Training. Let's look at the timeline:
Dual Track Training Process Overview
- Registration: Enrollment in the training process.
- Pre-Work: Reading, identification of short term coaching relationships, behavioral assessment, and introductory coaching to get acquainted with fundamental core coaching skills.
- Training: 2 day face-to-face event for Standard Training, plus an additional 1 1/2 days of Specialized Training.
- Web Education: 10 online educational units for standard coach training & an additional 8 units for specialized application. Most web units have follow up assignments that are prepared and submitted as a part of a certification portfolio.
- Supervised Triads: 3 supervised triad experiences over 6 weeks to begin integration of coaching skills. Participants practice coaching skills but also experience being coached.
- Mentored Experience: Application of training content through coaching in intentional relationships and receiving coaching on your coaching from a qualified coach mentor.
- Assessment: Taking and processing the CoachNet Online Coaching Assessment. A Personal Development Plan is completed.
- Review: A portfolio describing coaching competency and accomplishment is prepared and critiqued by CoachNet Staff. Portfolio is submitted for certification.
- Certification. After portfolio review, certification is issued for Standard Coach-level competency and an endorsement is added for the chosen Specialized Track.
Ready to get going? Visit the CoachNet store...or drop us a line to begin the registration process!
Thoughts about coaching, coach development, leadership, and all things CoachNet from CEO Jonathan Reitz and the CoachNet Blog Community.
May 14, 2013How do you know if your culture is working?
May 9, 2013Are You In Motion? It Could Lead to Change!
May 6, 2013