304 Coaching Emotions without Counseling (October 2015)
Tuesday, October 6, 2015
(This course was previously numbered as course #400.)
The highs are high and the lows are low. Any significant change process will include some amount of emotional management…are you equipped to stay in coach mode and still help your clients?
This course focuses on coaching change through strategic and tactical process, leveraging emotions for positive impact, providing accountability and managing progress in the unique ways that the most effective coaches do. And of course, every course at CoachNet comes with a list of custom coaching questions that help you focus on the material and the impact your coaching can make.
- This course focuses on the following ICF Core Coaching Competencies:
- #2—Establishing the Coaching Agreement,
- #3—Establishing Trust and Intimacy with the Client,
- #4—Coaching Presence,
- #5—Active Listening
- #6—Powerful Questioning
- #7—Direct Communication,
- #8—Creating Awareness.
- #11—Managing Progress and Accountability
- 4 60 minute sessions
- 4 coach-specific training hours
- Can be used as an elective option in cnStandard or cnPlus.
- 4-5pm Eastern Time Tuesdays
- October 6, October 13, October 20 & October 27, 2015
- Training Language: English
Contact Name: Judy Pence
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: 888.728.4329
« Back to Calendar
Thoughts about coaching, coach development, leadership, and all things CoachNet from CEO Jonathan Reitz and the CoachNet Blog Community.
March 19, 2016Why Coaching is a Necessary Leadership Skill
January 21, 2016How to Coach Thanksgiving (Gratitude--NOT the Holiday)
November 17, 2015