Standard Coach Certification, Edmonton, Alberta
Monday, October 31, 2011
- What: Standard Coach Training
- Where: McKernan Baptist Church – Lighthouse Building 11103 76 Avenue NW Edmonton, AB T6G 0J9
- When: October 31- November 1, 2011 9am-4pm each day.
- Who: Anyone looking to develop coaching skills or become a new kind of leader!.
The field of coaching has exploded with ministry applications over the last few years. In fact, coaching is fundamental to everything we do in ministry, from discipling new believers to developing new leaders. Coaching empowers people at every level of an organization or those involved in grassroots efforts.
In order to best prepare leaders to become highly skilled coaches this uniquely crafted training program combines challenging activities, practical experience, and ongoing support. During the program leaders can expect to do a combination of individual work, one-on-one coach mentoring, peer coaching in groups of three (triad groups), practice coaching with clients, online training units and assignments, assessment reports, and a certification review with CoachNet to complete the process.
The key learning will come from student's work, peers, a coach mentor, the individuals being coached, and the instructors at the live training event. The program includes pre-work, training, some field work, assessments, and a final review.
This course is designed to introduce students to the foundations of the field of coaching. Our goal is for students to gain familiarity with coaching by exploring the theological and theoretical foundations, the basic coaching competencies, and engaging in practical application.
Key Learning Outcomes:
- Students will gain a broad understanding of the field of coaching, and its relationship to leadership development.
- Students will gain a deeper understanding of the theological foundation for coaching, and will integrate their theological framework into their coaching techniques.
- Students will be equipped with coaching skills by learning the 9 coaching competencies.
- Students will gain practical experience in coaching.
- Students will analyze their strengths and weaknesses in coaching through the INSIGHT inventory, online assessment and personal development plan.
- Students will earn a Standard Certification from CoachNet by completing all the work in this course.
« Back to Calendar
Thoughts about coaching, coach development, leadership, and all things CoachNet from CEO Jonathan Reitz and the CoachNet Blog Community.
March 19, 2016Why Coaching is a Necessary Leadership Skill
January 21, 2016How to Coach Thanksgiving (Gratitude--NOT the Holiday)
November 17, 2015