14 Reasons Coaching is the BEST. THING. EVER.
During a recent coach training event with members of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America's (ELCA) coaching leadership team, the participants brainstormed 14 reasons why coaching is something that every leader should leverage for their personal and professional development.
1. Coaching is a time saver.
2. It helps with accountability.
3. It is effective in helping overwhelmed leaders work through their options.
4. It is effective in helping underwhelmed leaders to see opportunities.
5. It is post-modern. Coaching assumes the leader has knowledge.
6. It is a proven discipling model worldwide.
7. It offers a good model for a church that seems to have worn out a lot of old models.
8. Coaching provides a personal GPS.
9. Coaching provides a connection between individuals and their church.
10. Coaching helps people feel both successful and qualified.
11. Coaching spurs creativity.
12. Coaching is affirming.
13. Coaching is an investment in a leaders success.
14. Coaching lends itself to using technology.
This list is the product of just a few minutes work. If you were making your own list, what reasons would you cite for why coaching is a tool that every leader needs in their toolbox? Please add your reasons in the comment area below.
For more from Jonathan Reitz, please click here.
Jonathan Reitz has a number of impressive titles at CoachNet Global (Chairman/CEO/Guy with Coffee). Jonathan has been coaching since 1996 and has worked with over 500 clients in the church, the non-profit sector and the business world.
“Coaching plays a part in the kind of leadership the world needs,” says Jonathan Reitz. “I want to be a part of that.”
The CoachNet Event Calendar...PLUS free webinars, other interesting items, and more!
October 27, 2016404 Coaching for Generational Impact (Fall 2016 TURBO)
November 7, 2016 403 Using Assessments in Coaching (Fall 2016-TURBO)
November 11, 2016