How to tell if your coaching culture is working...
Here's an easy way to describe what happens when a coaching culture takes root!
You might also use these benchmarks to measure how any organizational change you're looking to make would take place.
The first step is to launch a program.
Program: Learning the role(s)
* Energy from outside the program gets added in to keep it moving forward.
* Vision is developing.
* Much (maybe all) of the energy gets added into the program from one person (or one team), so it's driven by a few key individuals.
* Situational resistance comes up, so often the key piece is reacting appropriately to the situational challenges.
After a cycle or two, programs become sustainable systems by getting a few other people involved. Buy in from the right people is what moves an organization from a coaching program to a coaching system.
System: distributing the energy
* Energy still added into the system, but it comes into the system from multiple places
* Vision is clear; may not be fully owned in every place/situation.
* Rather than being exclusively reactive, the transition to being proactive is underway.
Finally, the energy changes…meaning that the system is producing enough energy to continue under it's own power. This is when you know you've got a culture on your hands!
Culture: energy is self-sustaining
* Breakthroughs are fed back into continuous improvements.
* The vision is owned by the community.
* Constant vigilance can be focused on your culture's values and bringing those to life.
The CoachNet Event Calendar...PLUS free webinars, other interesting items, and more!
January 16, 2017305 Making Conflict An Asset in Coaching (Winter 2017 -TURBO)
January 16, 2017306 Deep Listening (Winter 2017)
January 24, 2017