Best Books about Coaching
One of the questions we get asked all the time is "What are the best books about coaching?" That question has two answers because coaching books are easily broken into two categories: faith based and non-faith based. Here are some coaching books that I highly recommend, some are faith-based, some are not.
- Coaching 101 by Bob Logan & Sherilynn Carlton
- Developing Coaching Excellence by Bob Logan & Gary Reinecke
- Gospel Coach by Scott Thomas (available soon from Zondervan)
- Transformissional Coaching by Steve Ogne & Tim Roehl
- A Generous Presence by Rochelle Melander
- Leadership Coaching by Tony Stoltzfus
- Coaching Questions: A Coach's Guide to Powerful Asking Skills by Tony Stoltzfus
- Co-Active Coaching by Whitworth, Kimsey-House & Sandahl (This is the seminal work on coaching, really the one that started it all.)
- Coaching for Performance by John Whitmore (NOTE: This volume takes a VERY humanistic view, but is still helpful, especially if you know that humanism is the bias.)
- Coaching & Mentoring from the Harvard Business Review
- Becoming a Professional Life Coach by Patrick Williams
Ok...get reading! We'd love to hear your thoughts about the books on this list, or even the books that SHOULD be on the list. Feel free to add them to the comment area
That should be a good list to get you going.
The CoachNet Event Calendar...PLUS free webinars, other interesting items, and more!
October 27, 2016404 Coaching for Generational Impact (Fall 2016 TURBO)
November 7, 2016 403 Using Assessments in Coaching (Fall 2016-TURBO)
November 11, 2016